Hydramax is all about hydration & moisture, thanks to its key ingredient Hyaluronic Acid! Read more about why HA is a big deal when it comes to hydrated and healthy skin here. It is further supported with two more skincare super stars – Panthenol and Niacinamide which help boost skin’s resilience against external aggressors and promote even-toned skin.
LOVEISDERMA is one of the many brands under the parent company – Innovation Biotechnology which is a Taiwan‘s based pharmaceutical company that was established in 2005. It is engaged in making medical grade cosmetics. They claim to collaborate with laboratories in Taiwan and abroad to develop unique and effective formulas for delaying skin aging and skin problems.
Learn more about them here.
1080 NT = 2600 INR for 30 ml ( also available in 60 & 118 ml packs)
- Incorporates the high concentration of Sodium Hyaluronic that increases moisture retention and hydration while it maintains an essential moisture-level barrier against the environment.
- This very light serum absorbs quickly into skin while it delivers Panthenol (Vitamin B5) and Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) to help strengthen the skin and heal damaged tissue.
- Your skin will feel visibly softer and toned.
- Ideal for all skin types.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is the sodium salt derived from hyaluronic acid, the most abundant and the most universal of mucopolysaccharides.
- It is present in the fundamental substance of numerous connective tissues and is one of the components of the NMF or Natural Moisturizing Factor (natural factor of skin hydration).
- It is one of the chief components of the extracellular matrix, contributes significantly to cell proliferation and migration.
- The physiological consequences of the cutaneous ageing are generally a deficiency in natural hyaluronic acid.
- Fragrance and Paraben Free
Key ingredients here are Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, and Niacinamide.
- Read details about Hyaluronic Acid here.
- Read details about Niacinamide here.
- Panthenol (also called pantothenol) is the alcohol analog of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), and is thus a provitamin of B5. It is a part of the powerful B-Complex family. It is featured very high up in this product’s ingredient list and is popularly used in skincare products due to its ability to moisturizes, heal and regenerate the skin.
- Green tea extract is also added for anti-oxidizing and moisturizing benefits.
The product is packaged in a transparent glass bottle with a pipette dispenser for controlled dispensing. This is a thoughtful design element because the consistency of the product is of a thin runny lightweight liquid.
It has no added fragrance which is a great plus point. But it does have a scent to it. The smell and texture are very similar to The Ordinary’s Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%.
This product is exceptionally lightweight and sinks into the skin in just a few pats. It gives a semi matte finish without stickiness, greasiness or any streaking. Unlike The Ordinary’s Niacinamide it doesn’t ball up, so that was surely a welcome change!
After application the skin feels pretty comfortable, not overly laden with a coat of product that often is the case with thicker serums. I have a combination skin type and live in a relatively warmer climate so this serum suffices for my skin type. But folks with extremely dry skin or during the winter this might not feel moisturizing enough.
I generally use a moisturizer and sunscreen on top of this in the mornings while using this in my AM routine. On the days I want to use this in my PM routine I use this after the cleanser & toner. This product layers well and in times when I have tried to wear makeup over it the Foundation/ BB Cream/ Powder Foundation all sit very comfortably on top.
- Lightweight Texture
- Thoughtful packaging
- Moderately hydrating – wont suffice for dry skin.
- Not easily available in India
This is a gentle and moderately moisturizing serum. It will work for the younger folks who are beginners in creating a skincare regimen. Mature skin and dry skin will need additional support of moisturizing products because this by itself wont be enough.
This is also an ideal formula to add to products like foundation to make it thinner or sheer because this is transparent and very easily absorbed.
If you have tried this I would love to know your thoughts and also let me know the Serums you guys are enjoying. Check out some of the other LOVEISDERMA products I have tried here & here. Also find me on Instagram and lets discuss Beauty.